While the Governance Committee may be the least visible, it is essential for the proper functioning of the DANK Haus.
- General membership and planning the annual membership meeting;
- Board of Directors, including the Board’s annual retreat;
- Recruitment and election of Board members; and
- Maintaining documents related to the DANK Haus's institutional and organizational history.
The Governance Committee makes certain that organizational activities are performed in accordance with the Bylaws. By doing so, it guarantees that important decisions are made transparently and for the benefit of the DANK Haus and its members. Some of its activities include:
- The annual membership meeting, where members learn about the DANK Haus’s past and future programs, and elect the Board of Directors.
- Organizing the annual retreat for the Board of Directors, where the Board reviews it activities of the past year and sets long-term goals and action plans.
- Recruiting Board members, advising them of the scope of the DANK Haus’s activities, and providing orientation to new Board members.
- Maintaining institutional documents such as the Bylaws; assessments of property, artwork and archives; legal documentation, and important decisions by past Boards.