PART-TIME FACILITIES STAFF MEMBERThe leading German/German-American Center in the Midwest region, DANK Haus is a mission driven organization, committed to preserving and promoting German Culture, heritage and language through maintaining a center consisting of a museum, art gallery, library, and language school; organizing educational and social programming focusing on and emphasizing the history, traditions and contributions of Germans and German Americans.
At the DANK, we are striving to provide a flexible work environment, by providing a hybrid model between office in-person and remote work. This role is full time 100% on site.
The part-time Facilities staff member for the DANK Haus is the behind the scenes maintenance master, performing routine maintenance and repair operations.
This position reports to the Director of Business Affairs and they will be responsible for the following:
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Frequently move chairs, tables and other equipment weighing up to 50 pounds throughout the facility.
- Clean, dust, and wipe furniture; sweep, mop, or vacuum floors; empty/clean wastebaskets and trash containers; empty and cigarette urns; replace light bulbs; refill restroom dispensers.
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets and furniture.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms/bathrooms. Wash walls and equipment; use ladders when required in work assignments.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings: secure building when facilities are not in use checking for unlocked doors and windows, report any unauthorized occupants, turn off lights.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies.
- Properly dispose of recycled materials.
- Safely operate all job related equipment including the freight elevator.
- Represent the DANK Haus in a professional manner when working during events and rentals
- Successful completion of a standard high school degree program
- Experience in the maintenance of facilities or comparable general construction knowledge.
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, tools and materials used in maintenance and repair work.
- Good knowledge of building cleaning methods and materials including Covid-19 sanitation protocols.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions applicable to maintenance work.
- Ability to learn the operation and maintenance of specific equipment in DANK Haus including boilers,furnaces, air handlers, electrical systems, plumbing system, and elevators.
- Considerable skill in the use and care of tools and equipment necessary to perform various maintenance and repair tasks.
- Ability to operate, install and repair equipment when applicable in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to plan and organize the proper performance of a variety of construction, maintenance and repair tasks.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical repair manuals.
- Ability to prepare required reports and record maintenance activities.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions, working independently while performing minor repairs and maintenance.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees of the organization.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic calculations.
Email: email@example.com with resume.