Join us for the first ever DANK Haus Virtual Maifest!
Friday, May 29th 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Saturday, May 30th 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, May 31st 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Let's celebrate together our German American heritage and the beginning of spring! Traditionally, we come together to celebrate Maifest in Lincoln Square, the heart of our German community in Chicago.
In past years, up to 35,000 guests come to enjoy a grilled Bratwurst, sample a piece of Bienenstich cake, and hoist a Hofbrau German Bier in the warm sunshine. We sing and dance to Paloma Band of Chicago, cheer our youngest performers that treat us to ethnic dances, and wear our best dirndls and lederhosen for everyone to admire.
Due to the coronavirus, we can no longer gather in person, but we will not let a worldwide pandemic stop us from celebrating - zusammen - together!
Everyone is welcome to purchase a $20 "Virtual Wristband,", an all access pass to over 12 hours of entertainment! Here is a sample of our lineup:
- Live interactive presentation form Consul General Wolfgang Mössinger on his 30 years as a German Consulate and the posts where he and his family served.
- Live cooking class with Carol Himmel from Himmel's Restaurant.
- Prerecorded past performances of German clubs and organizations.
- Stein Holding Contest sponsored by the Rheinischer Verein
- Bingo - a chance to win up to $100 cash prizes, one card included with your registration!
- Screening of Gemütlichkeit documentary film about the beloved Chicago Brauhaus
- Pet Parade - dress your pet up and you may win one of three $100 prizes from Ruff Haus and Urban Pooch
- Lectures and so much more! Visit our dedicated page on our website for the complete schedule at www.dankhaus.com/maifest2020
We will also have curbside pick up of all of your favorite festival food and alcohol Please check out our menu in our shopping cart here: www.dankhaus.com/store
Your $20 wristband is a direct donation to the DANK Haus. As a preferred vendor at Maifest Chicago, we have come to rely on the revenue we earn from selling food and beverage at the event. Our past three year average net income from Maifest Chicago was $75,000 per year. Maifest Chicago has been our number one fundraiser for decades. We enlist over 300 volunteers to work 500 shifts over the 4 day event. We hope that many of you can join us for our celebration. If you wish to donate more than $20 per household for access to our programming, you may double your contribution by adding the + $20 donation when you register. You may also donate any amount on our website at www.dankhaus.com/donate. Thank you for your support! We want to remain solvent for future generations! Danke!